Monday, October 8, 2007

Indian Summer


We are having quite an Indian Summer here in Michigan. The last few days have been hot, but nice to get good weather things done. I cleaned the coops yesterday. 3 1/2 garbage barrels of organic fertilizer for the garden! Thanks girls.


I used an old "free" entertainment center for the nesting boxes and shelves.

I picked up a bale of straw today at a local farmers road side stand.

Now my Monster truck needs cleaning.

Chip loves the new straw.

I went to the post office to mail a package from my first etsy sale (yay!) and they were closed. Dang you Christopher Columbus, dang you to heck! So I figured since I was out and about I better fill the tank. $110.25!! Curse you 42 gallon gas tank. This fill up should last until December though. So I then hit Value World.


My mom is always on the look out for these Cross Stitch Magazines and at .20 each, I thought I'd splurge. 2 more vintage sheets, the photo doesn't look as good as in person.

Also my treasure is this 100% wool blanket in BLUE! I cant wait to cut it up into projects inspired from this book. (disclaimer: I am not a professional photographer.)


Also my husband collects Incredible Hulk things. Preferably the old stuff.

I found this Hulk trick or treat bucket.



He is in charge of pulling the Halloween wagon this year with his tractor and the kids have to "Pay" the driver. So I figured he could collect his loot in his new bucket. Hint, he loves chocolate.

I also found 3 pairs of pants for the boy who wont stop growing, 2 cute pj pants for the girl and a shirt for me. Not bad for $32.

I also got some stuff from home.


Today's bounty from the girls.

Todays bounty from the garden.

Zucchini, green beans, carrots, tomatoes, Zinnias, Dill (to dry) and gobs of Basil. I still have tons of Basil in the garden. If you are within shouting distance and want some, come on over and get it. I am making Pesto for dinner tonight! I freeze pesto in muffin cups, then bag it and have "fresh" pesto all winter. A "fast food" winter meal. My family loves it and its easy to make with a food processor and its cheap if you make it yourself.

Life is good.

No comments: