My brother-in-law and his wife had a little girl in August and I haven't seen her yet. My excuse, they live an hour away, so evenings are out with dinner and homework. Saturdays are soccer days, and we bought a fixer upper rental this summer and Sundays have been dedicated to working on that. We did little playing in the last 5 months. Any way I feel bad about not seeing her, but I didn't even send a card, gift, or anything. My hubbie is worse than me, when his Mom came over and asked if he wanted to see a picture of his new niece, he replied " It probably looks like the other ones." (it's their fourth) Which totally cracked me up. He was trying to be funny. We are awful people.
So I get the opportunity to see her this coming up Saturday only because she is less than 10 miles from my house and convenient. I AM TERRIBLE! So I want to bring something.
I love the free downlaodable puppy pattern from Jenny B. Harris from allsorts. (just don't sell what you make) I wanted it bigger and don't have that feature on my copier so I just sketched the pattern larger and hoped it would turn out ok.
I like to mix up the fabrics and colors.
I started at 7:30 am and went on a 3 hour grocery/errand trip with my sis (we carpool often since she is only 2 miles down the same road) and still finished by 12:30 and even put all the groceries away.
The other side.
Next to an un- altered pattern pup to see the size difference.
I just stitched on eyes and nose so no choking and best of all, its made in America and no lead paint! I hope she likes it.

2 comments:
how cute! i haven't tried making a stuffed animal since 6th grade Home Ec. when I attached an ear inside out on my puppy dog. Maybe I will give it another try - adorable!
Those are so stinky cute! You are talented...
Post a Comment