I rarely decorate. I do the Christmas thing to my living room, but never other holidays. Just to busy or lazy or I don't really care. I love to see others holiday displays though.
My Mother in Law decorates for EVERY holiday, even holidays that you didn't know about, like flag day, has been giving me things to decorate for years. Like cute little Easter bunnies and snow babies. Just not me.
Well she passed the decorating gene on to my daughter. All the stuff my mom in law has been giving me for Halloween and I have been faithfully shoving away in Halloween tubs has now exploded all over my house.
We live in a rural area and no one comes over for Halloween. We go on our Halloween hay ride and visit a local subdivision that goes gangbusters due to the limited number of kids. It's a blast.
So my girl hung up this Halloween wreath I made (at my Mother in Law's) way before kids. So at least 15-20 years ago. I do have to admit, I still love it. I love the fact that the grapevine is black. I love the pumpkin faced ribbon. The ghosts. I especially love the flying bat and the witch on her broom with her sweet face and her stripey socks.
Ok so having a daughter who inherited the decor gene from her grandma isn't so bad.

1 comment:
i love it! very cute. keep it forever!
Post a Comment