I have so many great things to talk about I'm not sure where to start.
I guess I'll start with Friday.
Friday I checked some of my favorite blogs due to the fact that I rarely get the computer with my family home. I saw that Catherine from Red Shoes was having an open house at her shop from 6-9 that evening, so I only live in the next town over and figured it was a good time to meet her and see her quaint shop.
Let me just say Catherine is as nice in person as she seems on her blog, and her shop! it was so sweet and charming and the items she had for sale were so colorful and fun. I went in each little room at least twice just to be sure I didn't miss anything. If you are ever in Ann Arbor, Michigan, stopping is a must! But if you cant, you can see her shop online.
So early on in my blogging Farmer Julie left some of the sweetest comments and I love comments. She makes these coiled clay vases which are beautiful. Well, Catherine had 2 in her shop one was holding teaspoons for coffee. I instantly recognized them and asked if they were Farmer Julies vases and they were. They look even better in person. Now I need one. Just to let you know Farmer Julie, after my big show in less that two weeks, I am going shopping!
So that was Friday. So yesterday morning we froze our tooshies off in the cold rain watching the last of the soccer games. Got home and had to have soup. There was a message from my Brother (we 3 siblings live on the same road) saying it was wagon decorating time.
Since we are somewhat rural we go trick or treating in a subdivision not far from us. These people in the sub don't have a ton of kids come by so they go all out. Not only with decor but with goodies too. So every year there has been a not so subtle competition with the hay wagons and their decorating to see who is #1.
My 9 year old niece has this friend who told her that her wagon was going to be better than ours because the people whos wagon she was riding on are rich. Can you believe it? Bring it on Missy! We all know that wealth and creativity don't necessarily go hand in hand.
I am going to have to post pictures the day after Halloween but I cant spoil the surprise now. Lets just say we were #1 last year and this year's wagon is even better.
We then went and carved pumpkins at my Mom in laws and had a good time visiting our sweet little, pink and juicy niece. My nephews loved my pumpkin with his googly eyes, his brains sticking out of his head and barfing his own guts out.
So I was still going to wait till Monday to Blog but then the piece De resistance( I'm part French Canadian ya know). I checked my e-mail and Sarah from still life in yarn had a 100th blog drawing and I was one of the winners! I was so excited I had to do a few laps around the yard. She is sending something Knitty my way and I cant wait! I have never received a real knitted something before.
I know I am going to sound like a broken record, but becoming a blogger is one of the best things I've done for myself. Just knowing there are kind, talented women out in the world makes my world a better place. So thank you all but especially Catherine, Julie and Sarah for this weekend.
smooches and squeezes
michelle

2 comments:
these are so so cute!!
Michelle,
Thankyou SO much for the glowing review! You are so sweet, but it was ME that was so happy to meet you, and thanks SO much for the eggs, i can't eat them, because I can't eat eggs, but I will be blowing them out and saving them for their lovely color, and the fact they came from you.
I love your blog, and added a link to yours from mine so I can stay in touch and see what you're up too, good luck with all of your shows, and hope to see you again soon!
xo
catherine
Post a Comment