This woman who writes the yarnstorm blog, Jane, wrote a book called "The Gentle Art of Domesticity". And I was just reading her blog and she had this newspaper review of her book that was the typical rip from a working woman towards a "domestic" woman. (I haven't figured out the linky thing yet but you can just go to her blog and read if interested)
I just don't get it. You hear it all the time. Working Mom's VS. Stay at Home Mom's. What's up?
I was a working woman and when I had my son I had to stay home. It was the best thing for our family. Some women work and it's the best thing for their family.
I have working mom friends and stay at home mom friends. I have many working mom's who I feel indebted to. My O.B.G.Y.N, the delivery room nurses, countless teachers, the women who set up these art and craft shows' that allow me to just come in, set up and sell my stuff. Just to name a few.
I'm sure there are plenty of working moms who are grateful for the volunteer work stay at home mom's provide for the schools in their community as well as some who can babysit in a pinch.
We are women all in the same boat as far as I am concerned. As Mothers we all have the same worries, stresses and joy's. Raising children is quite a job no matter what ever else we have going on in our lives. Let's put our weapons down, get along and help each other when we can.
My daughter took this picture of our pup and I thought it was cute.
I like how it looks like he has ze french mustache.

2 comments:
Awww...he's sooo cute. I used to have a sweet baby that looked like him, with a curly-Q tail. Nice commentary on stay at homes vs working moms. Enjoyed visiting.
Alexandra
Nice response to the Liz Hunt article - your blog post came off a little friendlier than mine! *laughs*
Post a Comment